Benefits of the School Breakfast Program
Students who eat breakfast at school:
• Are more likely to master the tasks necessary to do well in school.
• Perform better on standardized tests than those who skip breakfast
or eat breakfast at home.
• Have higher math and scores
• Have a decreased likelihood of repeating a grade
• Are less likely to cause distraction due to behavioral and disciplinary issues.
• Are less likely to be suspended from school.
• Have lower rates of absence and tardiness.
• Are less likely to be obese or overweight.
• Build lifelong healthy eating habits.